Mar 21, 2010

We never think that certain things will happen to us until they do. We look at other people and feel sorry for them, grateful that we're not in their shoes. When a bum on the street holds a 'Please Help, God Bless You' sign on the side of the road, we feel sorry for them... sometimes we even feel ashamed when we realize that while we sat in the seat of our cars judging him, all we could hope was that the light would turn green so we could speed away and forget we ever saw him. When we see a young teenage girl, about 15, pregnant, we automatically judge her. Saying rude things in our minds.. 'wow, what a slut', 'her parents must be real ashamed of her', or my personal favorite, 'how could she have let herself get pregnant'. Not thinking instead if that girls baby daddy is by her side helping her, trying to get a job to support their child thats on the way. If she has a clean place to live, food to put on the table... a home to offer this beautiful gift from God. Most importantly, if she even has a friend to talk to. So when I say that it hurts to have your parents separate, and that having to deal with seeing your dad every other weekend is really tough on a girl, I mean it. When I say that I never in a million years thought that I'd be the girl who didn't live in a home with both her parents, side by side, loving each other, I mean it. When I say I'll never again judge someone by what their life circumstances may be, I mean it.